Ok, I’ve added a bunch of plugins. I’ve modified a few myself, and I don’t really have the links to the ones I’m using anywhere on the site but if you’re interested in any of these, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll point you in their direction.
New features from the plugins:
- Not that this will probably happen soon, but if anyone ever happens to find the site through a web search, the search terms will be highlighted on the page when he or she gets here.
- Email addresses on the site should hopefully be protected from crawlers looking to send out spam.
- Posts are automatically shortened to the first paragraph or two followed by a link to read the rest, so I don’t have to go back and do that to all the ones I’ve already posted.
- Every time you load a page it will show two different quotes in the sidebar, from among the quotes I’ve put in. Ethan Elias Johnson is me, if you’re wondering. Pretentious? It’s my site. Anyway if they become popular I’d like to get credit; otherwise I wouldn’t have put my name on there.
- You can subscribe to have posts emailed to you.
- I can see stats about how many people are reading what posts. This may be depressing, but it’s still cool.
- When you click to read the rest of the post, it’ll take you to the top of the post, rather than the middle. Often when I’m reading blogs I’ll click to read the rest, knowing I’ll want to read the whole thing, before I read the bit already available. So I figured this would be convenient for people like me in that way.
That’s it, enjoy!